Thursday, June 6, 2013

The New Normal

Dear Charley,

It has been ten . very . long . days . since you left us ...

I am still on the verge of tears all the time and ready to weep at every turn ...

Even the simplest things are different now ...

shopping for groceries ...

making coffee ...

fixing dinner ...

washing clothes ...

winding down the evening ...

bedtime prayers.

Your boy is doing a great job interceding for us,

but it's just . so . different ....

I'm trying to make wise decisions about our future ...

but I can't seem to make up my mind on what to do ...

I really hope I don't screw this up.

School lets out tomorrow ...

I'm dreading the long summer without you.

My heart aches for you ... so much.

I miss you holding my hand ...

telling me that you love me ...

kissing me goodnight.


2 comments:

  1. so tender and beautiful, yet heartbreaking from the place of being earth-ground--if you know what I mean. would you like to have coffee on Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your heart Donna! You and your family remain in my prayers. You will not goof anything up because you are a faithful woman and will follow where our Father leads you!
    Peace my friend,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete