Friday, January 27, 2012

Six years of uncertainties, doubts, fears and healing.


Six years of fighting, struggling, questioning, 


then finally resting, trusting that He really does know best


and it will all be for good.


Suddenly, a letter arrives, 


with a picture of a guy, 


hugging a tree, 


literally.


I had picked out his name many moons ago, 


for "when" not "if" ...


it seemed too good to be true, 


that this guy would be picked, chosen, if you will, 


by the One who knew what was best, 


and indeed it was a much better choice 


than the one made which caused a great deal of heartache and distress 


for ten long years.


Joy overflowed from everyone who joined us in celebrating our union 


and new life together, 


a humble affair, but so rich in love,


and what makes for a "happily ever after" ending.



6 comments:

  1. That is so sweet...and what a great photo of Charley...It's amazing the men that God has picked out for you and I...I know my life is much richer for being loved by your brother...I not only got him..but also got the WHOLE family to love:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your love story Donna <3 You guys are such a testimony of how the Lord moves, when we move out of His way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I post it on our blog, Donna, I'll lay it out the way you have. It makes for beautiful prose visually as well as contextually.

      I'm so glad God brought you two together.

      Delete
  3. The above was entered into a "burning love contest" where the entry had to be 140 words. I "placed" for a prize and was told to choose my gift from Etsy and share why I picked whatever item I chose.

    The following was my response ....

    I was thinking about when Charley and I first met face to face. We made plans to meet a week after our first phone conversation. I sent him a picture of our family, but for some reason he never got it. So he was basically coming to see me/us sight unseen. During our first phone call, when he found out it was my birthday the next day, he promised to bring me some chocolate covered pretzels.

    On the day he arrived I was in the middle of getting living room furniture from my Mom, so when Charley arrived, I greeted him at the door and apologized for the empty space/mess and said, "my Mom is on her way over with some furniture." He said, "oh, okay, these are for her" and handed me the box of chocolate covered pretzels. I was thinking to myself, why is he giving those to her, I thought they were for me??? Then Mandy walked into the room and I introduced her to him, "this is my daughter, Mandy ..."

    He did a double-take ... looked at Mandy, then looked at me and said, "Oh!" He realized at that moment who I was ... he had given me the gift for "my Mom" thinking that I was Mandy. :)

    I had just turned 35, so I couldn't think of a better way to start a relationship than for the guy to think I was the teenage daughter. ;) So, in honor of that kind of burning love, I'd like to celebrate with some chocolate covered pretzels.

    ReplyDelete